Since I was little, my mom has made a Bunny Cake for Easter most years. A couple of years ago, she taught me how to make it. This year, I couldn’t be home with my family for Easter. My law school family, though, celebrated together. It was fantastic! We had a potluck dinner, and when they asked me what I’d like to bring, this was the first thing that came to mind. I was so excited to share a tradition with others, especially when it meant bringing a part of home with me!
What you need:
- cake mix – I used Funfetti, but you can use whatever you want!
- frosting – it works best with plain vanilla
- food coloring
- candy for the eyes and nose
- either candy or colored frosting for the mouth and whiskers
- a really big flat pan or board to build the cake on – I recommend measuring first!
Here are some pictures of the process… I hope you enjoy!