My Birchbox subscription finally ended, and I decided that I wanted to try something new. One of my friends recommended that I try Julep Maven, and with their first box free, I thought… why not?? I wasn’t disappointed, and I have really enjoyed getting a new box each month. Some of the pros of the Julep Maven box are:
- The primary focus is nail polish, which, as you know, I LOVE.
- You get to take a fun “style quiz” that pairs you up with a general style they think you’ll enjoy. Not to worry, though, if you disagree. You can always switch before your box goes in the mail! (See the next bullet point!)
- You have a window each month that allows you to choose from a number of options for what you will be sent that month. This is awesome because it gives you an opportunity to make changes and pick things you really want.
- You can skip months if nothing looks good!
- There’s an option to add items to your box each month at a huge discount from their normal prices.
- Each item or box you order earns you points, which can later be applied to discount your orders!
- The product quality is great. The nail polish colors are fun and vibrant. I am IN LOVE with their lip gloss (I picked Enchanted). It doesn’t get sticky, lasts a long time, and really moisturizes. Plus, the color is fabulous!
- They have tons of promotions each month, so it’s easy to get good deals on their products.
- You can get your first trial box FREE! Just click HERE to get started!
This is the first box I picked after my welcome box! They seem to always include a little surprise with your order. This time it was this adorable pink and blue candy stick!
Do you have any fun monthly subscriptions? Please share them in the comments!
If you know me at all, you know I love pretty much anything nautical! It apparently doesn’t matter that I’ve spent most of my life living in the desert (literally). I still just love the classic and preppy look!
One of my friends shared this deal with me, and I quickly scooped up one of the navy bracelets. I just thought I would pass the information along!
Ashley Bridget nautical bracelets – They come in navy, black, tan, and white!
Click this link to see the deal and order your bracelet(s): http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-ashley-bridget-nautical-bracelets
These bracelets have a classic look, and should be pretty lasting. I was especially impressed by the 14-karat yellow-gold plating! It seems like a pretty great deal, too. The bracelet is normally about $50, but with the Groupon you get it for less than $20 and don’t have to pay shipping! I can’t wait to get mine in the mail!
Just make sure to hurry, Groupon deals expire quickly!
Do you have any good deals that you want to share? Please let us know in the comments!
Have you wanted to try something new and funky with your hair without the commitment?
I’m in law school, so it’s difficult for me to do much crazy with my style or appearance. I’m a professional individual, but I’m an individual nonetheless! Sometimes, I just want to try something fun, like putting purple streaks in my blonde hair. But I have to go to class, I have interviews, and I’m an adult. So how can I do both?
I saw the idea for hair chalking in a few places. Lauren Conrad mentioned it on her blog some time ago, and I’ve also seen it on Pinterest. I happened to be near a beauty supply store, and I stopped in to see what they had available. I picked up Beyond the Zone Color Buzz Party Purple hair chalk, and I was anxious to see how it would turn out.
- It washed out pretty easily. Some spots took two full washes, but most of it came out in the first shower.
- It looked pretty cool!
- You can put the streaks wherever you want.
- It was fun to do something different for one day/night.
- Hair chalk comes in a bunch of colors.
- IT GOT EVERYWHERE. Definitely do not do this to your hair without covering up everything you don’t want covered in chalk dust. I’m still finding it in my bathroom months later. Absolutely cover your clothes with a towel or something similar, I recommend wearing gloves if you can, and maybe do it in the shower or something so it doesn’t land all over counters, sinks, and floors. If you’re wearing your hair down, do NOT wear a light color shirt!
- When I ran a brush through my hair, it blended the color and made the streaks less pronounced.
- I expected the color to come out in the first wash (with two shampoos), but some of it didn’t. I wouldn’t recommend this technique if you have something important to do the following day.
- It was a little expensive (about $8) for something I don’t foresee using very often. If it wasn’t SO messy, I would probably consider using it more frequently. But like I said, my entire bathroom was basically covered in purple dust.
Here are some photos:
Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or recommendations in the comments!
One of my new favorite things to do to spice up a classic outfit is to add a little pop with bracelet stacking. It’s great because if you buy a few pieces (and they can be pretty inexpensive, too!), you can mix and match to create new looks.
Here are a couple of my recent favorites:
Both of these are from Target… Christmas presents from my mom!
My Michael Kors watch and LC bracelets from Kohls. This stack is my favorite!
The same two LC bracelets and a Pura Vida bracelet stack for Valentine’s Day
These are just a few of my recent favorites. I’ll try to update this post as I come up with new combinations and additions! Please feel free to share your favorites in the comments!
Happy Friday!!! And even better… Happy spring break!
This week, my favorite thing is my brand new Lilly Pulitzer agenda!
Lilly Pulitzer had a fantastic sale, so this soft cover agenda that is usually $26 only cost me $12! Even better, two-day ground shipping was free, so I ordered my agenda on Tuesday morning and it was on my doorstep on Thursday morning for less than $13 including tax. I am super excited to get organized now! Not only is the outside fun and bright, but the inside is adorable and makes you want to see what tomorrow will bring!
The tabs make everything easy to find, and each month provides a new upbeat theme. Basically, I’m in Lilly-love with my new agenda!
What is your Friday favorite this week? Do you have any good organization ideas? Please feel free to share in the comments!