I’ve been a little busy lately, but last weekend I made some really delicious healthy banana nut muffins that I just had to share! We had some extra bananas at home that were starting to get a little too brown to want to eat, so I decided that this would be the best way to use them rather than throwing them out! Let me say… good life decision! They were totally delicious and the recipe doesn’t make a huge batch, so you can’t eat way too many in a weekend!
I found this recipe online and modified it a bit to spice them up a little. YUM YUM YUM!
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup(s) of Wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 cup(s) of Splenda
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup(s) of margarine
- 1/2 cup(s) of egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup(s) of chopped walnuts
- Combine Splenda, margarine, and egg whites in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wheat flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients while stirring.
- Fold in the mashed bananas.
- Add the chopped walnuts if desired. You can also sprinkle them on top after step 6, if you prefer.
- Spoon into muffin cups in baking tin (or directly into the tins sprayed with cooking spray).
- Bake at 375 until done, about 15-17 minutes. Cool completely, and enjoy!
Let me know how they turn out if you decide to try them! I hope you enjoy! Please feel free to share any healthy muffin ideas that you have below in the comments! ❤