My wonderful fiance made this for me yesterday morning and I adore it! Turned out to be absolutely delish… perfect for a Saturday morning at home or probably really good for a brunch get-together, too!
Basically, the concept is to make a healthy version of French toast and add just a bit of Bailey’s Irish Cream to make it “Irish” toast. YUM!
What he did:
- Take your normal, everyday French toast recipe.
- Substitute Sara Lee 45 Calorie wheat bread for whatever you would normally use.
- Instead of using whole eggs, use egg whites only.
- Use 2% or less milk.
- Add 1/2 shot of Bailey’s Irish Cream to the wet mixture.
- Make as usual.
- Top with a little I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and lite syrup. We used Log Cabin Sugar Free, and it tasted great!
I realize this isn’t the most detailed recipe on Earth, so if you haven’t made French Toast, you can always find a recipe through Google or here (we skipped the vanilla and cinnamon because we thought they might overpower the Bailey’s, but feel free to try it with!).
Hope you enjoy, and let me know if you have any other twists on this classic that you like!