It’s finally fall, and you know what that means…
Make everything pumpkin!
Here’s a quick and easy way to make mini single-serve “pumpkin pies.” It’s just a twist on my recent post Mini-Mousse Pies.
Just replace the chocolate mousse with this Jell-o Pumpkin Spice Instant Pudding. We made the pudding as directed on the box and poured it into the mini pie crusts before refrigerating for about an hour. Top with a bit of whipped cream if you want (obviously, delicious), and enjoy! This is so simple, so easy, so quick, and it’s great to have a single-serving option rather than having an entire pumpkin pie tempting me.
It tasted great, though I don’t like the pudding filling as much as real pumpkin pie filling. If there’s a way to make the pudding a bit firmer so it’s more like pie filling, I’d recommend trying that, too. Overall, though, this dessert was a great success!
So tiny, so adorable, so delicious!
I’ve been working on being more healthy, and one of the things I’m doing is trying to make better, healthier food choices. I don’t think it’s possible to keep up a fad diet. But I do think it’s possible to make good choices most of the time, and to make changes that can last. It’s not easy, but getting creative can help!
That being said, sometimes, you just really want something sweet. This weekend when we were grocery shopping, we came up with an idea that I think solves that problem without totally blowing your calories for the day. Give these mini-mousse pies a try!
- Follow the instructions on the chocolate mousse mix box.
- Divide the mousse into four of the mini pie crusts. (I just used a big spoon!)
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, and enjoy!
See how easy that is? SO easy! You only need three ingredients and three steps! The finished product gives you four single-serving desserts that are under 200 calories… How awesome is that? Not only that, but if you’ve already got milk in your fridge, the other two ingredients will only cost you about $5 total. (And the mousse comes with two pouches, so it’s enough to make this dessert twice.) Even better, you can make these however you like. Feel like topping with some fresh fruit? Go for it! Maybe some chopped walnuts, coconut, mini-chocolate chips, or almond slivers… Go crazy! You can also use different flavors of mousse or even sugar free or low fat pudding mix (though the instructions, ingredients, and nutrition information will change). So many possibilities, so easy, and so much better for you than going to Dairy Queen!
Do you have any healthy snacks or desserts you love to make? Please share them in the comments! I’m always looking for new ideas!
So cute, right?
Chocolate Mousse Nutrition Facts
Pie Crust Nutrition Facts
I have been trying to grow out my hair for… years. Granted, a huge part of the problem is that 1) I get bored easily and ask my stylist for a cut that “looks like I just got my hair cut” (often chopping off an inch or more) once in a while and 2) I had tons of relatively short layers that take ages to grow out. But, I have a wedding in 6 months, so I’m getting more serious about hair health and growth.
Just today, I came across this really helpful blog post on Lauren Conrad’s site. She has tons of great advice that I think is really helpful! If you’re looking to grow out your hair, I recommend taking a look!
As for me, this is what I’ve learned:
- I didn’t believe it in years past, but I really think that the quality of the products you use on your hair makes a big difference. About 4 months ago, I stopped using shampoos and conditioners that you can buy at your local grocery store or drugstore. Instead, I only use the kinds I can buy at salons and beauty supply stores. I get my hair highlighted, so it needs a lot of extra TLC. I primarily use Pureology Hydrate shampoo and conditioner. It works fantastically (my hair is healthier and silkier than ever) and because it’s more concentrated, it lasts a long time. You only have to use a small amount, unlike some brands where you have to just pour it on. As an added bonus, the conditioner has a peppermint ingredient that smells amazing and makes your scalp feel awesome! I can’t say enough about this stuff! Then, about once a week or every two weeks (depending on how my hair is looking), I use this purple shampoo and conditioner to cut down on brassiness. Obviously, I’m a fan considering I wrote an entire post on it. It’s still working for me, and I haven’t had to buy more since I wrote that post almost a year ago!
- It matters where you get your hair done. If you go to a cheap stylist who doesn’t care about the health of your hair, it will be a problem over time.
- If you have processed or color treated hair, it requires a lot of extra help! Everyone has different hair types and needs. Just because your friend uses a certain product, doesn’t mean it will work for you.
- Always, ALWAYS use a heat protectant when you use straighteners, curling irons, blow dryers, etc.!
- Yes, these products and stylists are significantly more expensive than the stuff you buy at Wal Mart. I know, that was why I didn’t used to invest in it. But then I started thinking about it, and is it more important to save a few bucks, or have awesome hair? I have to “wear” my hair every single day. Why wouldn’t I spend the money to take care of it when I’m willing to spend that much on a shirt that I might wear once or twice a month?
After following all of these tips for the past few months, I finally feel like my hair is “getting long.”
I hope you find this helpful! Do you have any tips for growing out your hair? If so, please share them in the comments!
If you know me at all, you know I love pretty much anything nautical! It apparently doesn’t matter that I’ve spent most of my life living in the desert (literally). I still just love the classic and preppy look!
One of my friends shared this deal with me, and I quickly scooped up one of the navy bracelets. I just thought I would pass the information along!
Ashley Bridget nautical bracelets – They come in navy, black, tan, and white!
Click this link to see the deal and order your bracelet(s): http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-ashley-bridget-nautical-bracelets
These bracelets have a classic look, and should be pretty lasting. I was especially impressed by the 14-karat yellow-gold plating! It seems like a pretty great deal, too. The bracelet is normally about $50, but with the Groupon you get it for less than $20 and don’t have to pay shipping! I can’t wait to get mine in the mail!
Just make sure to hurry, Groupon deals expire quickly!
Do you have any good deals that you want to share? Please let us know in the comments!
I have been growing out my hair, which can be a difficult process. Especially considering that I also highlight my hair, it’s tough to keep it healthy enough to grow enough to make up for the necessary trims. I’ve found that keeping my hair as healthy as possible is really helpful.
I recently found an inexpensive product that makes a big difference: Organix Coconut Oil Weightless Hydrating Oil Mist. You can find it at a few places, but Walmart has it the cheapest I’ve found for less than $6. I love that this product makes my hair silky, soft, and smooth without weighing it down or making it oily and greasy, like some leave-in conditioners and oils. I noticed a difference in how healthy the ends of my hair were after less than a week of using it. Oh, and it smells pretty, too!
Anyway, I highly recommend it! Do you have any tips or favorite products to help hair stay healthy? Please share them in the comments, I can use all the help I can get!